Pediatric Dental Financial Policy Statement
At Great Smiles, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality of pediatric dental care. To assist in communicating financial expectations and obligations, our policies and informational facts are provided below. Our dedicated and experienced team members are available to answer any questions you have.
Payment is expected at the time services are rendered. Our fees are a reflection of the quality of care we provide. We continue our commitment by offering a variety of financial options to enable you to receive the dental care you need.
- We accept Cash, Check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Health Care Savings Account and Flex Spending Accounts for forms of payment (For all checks returned due to non-sufficient funds, a $25 processing fee will be added to your account)
- 5% courtesy discount for payment in full with Cash or Check at time of service
- We accept Care Credit as an option for payments (minimum of $200)
- For patients with dental insurance, we will electronically file your claim
- If someone other than a parent or legal guardian accompanies your child to their appointment, we ask that you make payment arrangement prior to the appointment.
Pediatric Dental Insurance Policy
As a courtesy to our patients with dental insurance benefits, we will submit your claim and provide any necessary information to assist you in receiving your dental benefits. We require that any applicable deductibles and estimated patient portion be paid at the time treatment is rendered.
We do accept assignment of insurance benefits as a form of payment to help reduce your immediate out-of-pocket expense. We are participating providers in the SunLife and Delta Dental network for our Waynesville and Sylva locations only.
In addition to filing your claims electronically and as a courtesy, we will verify eligibility and benefit coverage. The information provided by the insurance companies is only an estimate of coverage and is “no guarantee of payment”. We do ask that you contact your insurance carrier prior to your visit to obtain essential information which will more accurately reflect your coverage. Providing us with this information and up-to-date insurance policy information will expedite the processing of claims.
Any payment not paid by your insurance company will be the responsibility of the patient/patient’s legal guardian to pay the balance due. The practice will not assume that responsibility. If you have a direct reimbursement policy, payment in full is expected on the day of service, we will file your claim and your dental plan will reimburse you. We do not file secondary insurance or verify the eligibility or plan benefits.
An account statement will be issued every 30 days, whether insurance has been paid or not. For any account balance over 60 days, a late fee may be applied.
Please provide a current copy of your insurance card at each appointment. If the insurance pays more than was estimated and results in a credit on your account, we can leave the credit amount on your account for future treatment or we can provide a refund check.
Important Facts About your Dental Insurance
- Dental insurance is a contract between the patient and the insurance company and/or employer. It is a benefit to assist you with the cost of dental care. At no time should insurance benefits compromise your doctor’s diagnosis or affect your choice of treatment.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to familiarize yourself with your insurance benefits. Dental plans vary by fees, procedures, frequencies and limitations of services, deductibles, non-covered expenses and usual and customary rates.
- The dental practice is not responsible for how your insurance company pays its claims. It is the responsibility of the patient/patient’s parent/legal guardian (not the insurance company or dental practice) to pay for fees not covered under the dental insurance plan
- X-rays and fluoride treatment are typically subject to frequency limitations
Orthodontics Financial Information
It is our mission to provide you with affordable, high-quality treatment that fits your budget! We offer a variety of payment options, with 0% interest, to meet your needs. Please ask us about financing options, credit card payments, and bank drafts. We thoroughly explain your options, so that we can accommodate your needs.
Orthodontics Insurance Information
Many insurance policies have a lifetime orthodontic benefit that is distinct from regular dental insurance. Remember that insurance policies vary, and we will review your insurance to determine the appropriate course of action. Once treatment has started, we will file your claims.
To help us file your insurance, please complete the dental insurance questions on the Patient Information & Medical History form. You can fill the form out online or download the form and bring it to your next orthodontic appointment.